Monthly Motif 2018
For this challenge, each month is assigned a motif or theme. My task is to read one book per month that fits in with the assigned motifs. The sign-ups page is here, in case this challenge interests you as well. My tentative reading list for this challenge is as below.
- January: Diversify your reading.
(The) Locked Room, by Maj Sjöwall & Per Wahlöö(Reviewed on 8th January)
- February: One word
- 1984, by George Orwell
- March: Travel the World
- Following Fish, by Samanth Subramanian
- April: Read locally.
- Half Pants Full Pants, by Anand Suspi
- May: Book to Screen.
- The Fault in our Stars, by John Green
- June: Crack the Case.
- In Cold Blood, by Truman Capote
- July: Vacation reads.
- Appointment with Death, by Agatha Christie
- August: Award Winners.
- The God of Small Things, by Arundhati Roy
- September: Don’t Turn out the Light.
- The Shining, by Stephen King
- October: New or Old.
- Treasure Island, by Robert Louis Stevenson
- November: Family.
- One Hundred Years of Solitude, by Gabriel Garcia Marquez
- December: Wrapping it up.
- The Snowman, by Jo Nesbo